You can alter a Kia's brakes Homewards.
The braking step on a Kia includes many components. The brake pads are the most Frequently changed parts of the action. The rotors want less frequent repair or replacement, nevertheless they are relatively evident to remove and convert. The caliper is connected directly to the brake column. The brake edge feeds brake fluid to the caliper, causing the brake pads to cause contact with the rotors during braking. When changing the brakes, all of these components desideratum to be removed and replaced properly.
1. Unbolted the hood of the Kia and remove the cap from the crackerjack cylinder. Place the transmission in "stadium" and operate the parking brake.
2. Lower the Kia onto the ground and tighten the lug nuts with the tire iron.10. Press the brake pedal three times slowly. Carry on of each depression, hold the pedal for 10 seconds.
3. Remove the two caliper bolts with the Torx socket and ratchet. Pull the caliper from the rotor. Disconnect the brake limit from the caliper with the 10 mm wrench. Apartment the brake wrinkle in the drip pan below.
4. Corner the virgin brake pads into the contemporary caliper. Connect the brake line to the brand-new brake caliper.
5. Pull the rotor from the spin bolts. Spray the rotor with chain lubricant provided there is rust existent, preventing the rotor from continuance easily pulled from the bolts.
6. Spray the current rotor with brake cleaner spray and wipe the entire rotor with a clean towel. Place the new rotor into the wheel bolts, with the raised "top hat" section facing outward.
7. Place the new caliper onto the new rotor. Tighten the caliper bolts with the Torx socket and ratchet.
8. Place the wheel onto the wheel bolts and screw on the lug nuts.
9. Lift the vehicle to remove the jack stands. Loosen the lug nuts on the wheels. Berth the jack subservient the frame of the Kia. Lift the vehicle and field jack stands subservient the frame. Remove the lug nuts and pull the wheels from the spin bolts.
11. Fill the master cylinder with brake fluid. The fluid level should be to within 1/4 inch from the top of the container. Place the cap onto the master cylinder and close the hood.