The Chevy Impala has been in and elsewhere of the Chevy lineup for generations on the other hand the basic alarm installation remains the alike.1. Recite the alarm installation book carefully and care for the benefit figure handy provided you compass any questions as every alarm manufacturer uses colorful connexion and mounting techniques. Ajar the hood and disconnect the firm battery cable. Connect the alarm power wire to the confident battery cable and dash it to the Chauffeur side of the firewall.
Early Chevy Impala models are potential To possess formerly installed aftermarket electronics so additional interest is required when installing a latest alarm. Installing a vehivle alarm requires appreciable experience of automobile electrical systems and a wiring diagram.
2. Place an frank universe in the engine bay and mount the siren, facing the engine to borderline water exposure while driving. Run the siren wires to the driver side's of the firewall and feed all of the wires through the firewall and into the dash area of the Impala. Drill a small hole in the firewall if necessary, directly in front of the steering wheel.
3. Remove the lower dash panel if necessary and mount the shock sensor per the manufacturer's instructions. Locate the power lock relay if the car is so equipped and connect the alarm's power lock module.
4. Find the starter wire in the ignition harness and attach the start disable relay. Drill a small hole in the dash for the LED light and snap it into place.
5. Connect all of the wires to the alarm control module by plugging them into the module and secure it as far into the dash as possible with zip ties.
6. Reconnect the positive battery and test the alarm on the Impala. Adjust the sensitivity level as desired and secure any loose wires with zip ties.