Each loves a sports vehivle, such as the Ford Mustang. Introduced in 1964, the Ford Mustang is a chilly machine that some nation imitation to be a one-of-a-kind vehivle. The muffler for the Ford Mustang is an chief cut of the automobile that is much replaced, not peerless in that it's broke or has gap, nevertheless considering it makes the motorcar sportier. In some Mustang models, you'll catch two mufflers and many general public choose to interchange the inventory muffler with a performance narration.
Average sizes for most model years include a width of 9.75 inches and 19 inches in overall length.3. Place an old blanket or a large piece of cardboard on the ground beneath the rear part of the car on the ground. You can also jack the car up and place it on jack stands for easier access.
Some mufflers are held on by welds instead of clamps, so see these welds for rust spots or loose areas.
2. Acquire a muffler for a Ford Mustang. Most auto parts stores stock and sell quality mufflers. Make sure you get the correct muffler that corresponds with the year of your model year. Look for an inlet diameter on the muffler of 2.25 inches to 3 inches and outlet diameter of 2.25 to 2.5 inches depending on your model.
Instructions1. Look your muffler or mufflers initiate at the rear of the Ford Mustang underneath the automobile. Beholding for holes of any amount, severe rust spots or hangers that are future loose that clout the muffler to the van.
You will have to lay under the car to replace the muffler, so be sure to use the way in which you will be most comfortable.
4. Determine how your muffler is hung. Some will use clamps or muffler hangers while others are welded on. If yours is welded, then you'll have to cut the muffler off with a hacksaw. If the welds are old or rotted, then you might be able to break the muffler loose with a sledgehammer.
5. Remove any bolts around the muffler and take the muffler off, if yours is held by U-clamps. You'll need to remove all the clamps that secure both the muffler and the outlet pipe. To remove the muffler and outlet pipe assembly, it may be necessary to heat the joints so the parts will come apart and there's also special tools available to help break loose these joints.
6. Replace the new muffler on your Ford Mustang. Line it up everything as straight as possible before tightening any of the fasteners or bolts to hold it in place. Tighten the bolts to 10-15 ft-lb torque, so they are tight enough to ensure the muffler doesn't come loose, but not so tight so it doesn't have any give during normal movement.
7. Lower the car, start the engine and check the new muffler for any leaks or loud sounds. If there are any, then you may need to tighten the clamps a little more.