The GMC Sierra comes in a diversity of models and with a petrol or diesel engine. Twist off the cooling fan blade retainers and remove both cooling fan blades.4. Reinstall the brand-new cooling fan blades and tighten the cooling fan blade retainers back into accommodation.
1. Disconnect and isolate the cynical battery cable on your GMC Sierra so that there's no chance it Testament slip back into contact with the battery terminal. This process is indispensable since electric engine fans may switch on at any generation, much with the engine turned off, unless the battery is disconnected.
2. Applicability your wrench to loosen the retaining bolts in the corners of the shroud (the rectangular box the fans sit in.) Remove the shroud and fans from the engine compartment.
3. You may boast one of two engine fans in your GMC Sierra: Either electrical or mechanical (belt-driven.) These steps practice to the GMC Sierra 1500 with petrol engine and dual electric engine cooling fans and wish isolated a wrench. A novice should be able to achieve these steps comfortably within an date.
Conceive undeniable the retainers are firmly seated.
5. Exchange the cooling fan and shroud into the engine compartment and tighten the bolts that hold it in place. Make sure all of the bolts are firmly fastened.
6. Reconnect the negative battery cable.