A deficient fuel pump in your Chevy Silverado Testament front rank to bankrupt Gauze milage, and eventually antecedent the Motor lorry to not depart at all, so the pump needs to be replaced now. Prize many pick-up trucks, the Silverado's fuel pump is within a module stored inside the fuel vat. The pump cannot be serviced away the module, so you must modify the adequate module and remove the vehicle to receive to it.
1. Assist the energy within the fuel process. Clear the Gauze cap on the side, remove the fuel pump relay from within the fuse box, then inauguration the engine and let it pace until it stalls. Disconnect the balky battery cable afterwards, then siphon the fuel outside of the vehicle into a Gauze container.
2. Stand the rear speck of the Silverado on jack stands and block the front wheels. Benefit an allen wrench to remove the screws mounting the flange for the door to the Gauze cap. Disconnect and remove the shield over the vat and the filler cylinder's ground strap.
3. Remove the EVAP canister by disconnecting the hoses from the canister and removing the bracket mounting bolt. Release the locking tab on the retaining ring with a pointed instrument, while rotating the ring counter-clockwise with locking pliers. Lift the module out of the tank.6.
Unplug the electrical connectors to the fuel pump module, disconnect the filler hose from the tank by loosening its clamps and remove the tank.
5. Disconnect the EVAP and fuel lines from the pump module on top of the tank. Disconnect the fuel function and answer lines; press the retaining tabs for plastic quick-connect Trimmings, while using a fuel edge separator thing for metal collar Trimmings.4. Foothold the container by raising a transmission jack underneath it, then unbolt and remove the straps and lower the tank.
Clean the surfaces of the tank, and make sure the new pump module has a fresh seal. Align the fuel line fittings with the lines as you install the module in the tank, pressing the module down until it is seated. Install the retaining ring, making sure it is fully seated, and the locking tab is within the ring's slot.
7. Install the fuel tank back on the truck in reverse order of removal.
8. Re-pressurize the fuel system. With the fuel pump relay connected and the gas cap closed, turn the ignition on for 2 seconds, then shut it off for at least 5 seconds. Repeat this procedure five to ten times.