Interchange a Soak Pump on a 1998 Ford Convoy
13. Pour coolant into the radiator and reservoir. Reconnect the negative battery terminal and tighten it with the wrench.14.
1. Remove the con battery terminal with a wrench and withdraw the coolant from the engine into a void pan. The withdraw valve is on the radiator at the backside and can be opened with a wrench.
2. Adoption the wrench to remove the timing band covers then rotate the crankshaft with a ratchet until the timing groove on the crankshaft lines up with the timing stop on the engine. Remove the crankshaft pulley and hub with a socket and ratchet.
3. Site the line of the timing cummerbund too as the placement marks with a marking crayon. Loosen the timing sash tensioner with the socket and ratchet and remove the timing belt.
4. Place wheel chocks behind the rear wheels and raise the car up with a jack.
5. Remove the oil dipstick bracket bolts from the water pump with the wrench then remove the two bolts and the gasket from the water inlet pipe with the wrench.
6. Unscrew all the bolts from the water pump except the one at the very top with the socket and ratchet. Lower the vehicle back to the ground with the jack and remove the remaining bolts from the water pump.
7. Remove any remaining gasket material from the water pump mounting surface with a scraper to lightly scour it away.
8. Place a gasket on the new water pump and install it on the engine. Screw the top bolts into the pump hand-tight.
9. Raise the car up again with the jack. Install the remaining water pump bolts and torque them between 14 and 19 ft.-lbs.
10. Install the bolts on the water inlet pipe and torque them between 14 and 19 ft.-lbs. Reinstall the bolt onto the oil dipstick bracket with the wrench. Lower the car back to the ground with the jack.
11. Reinstall the timing belt according to the markings you made when removing it.
12. Reinstall the crankshaft pulley, making sure to line up the timing marks on the engine and pulley as in Step 2. Reinstall the timing belt covers and tighten the bolts with the wrench.
When the bathe pump stops working on your 1998 Ford Convoy, it won't properly circulate the coolant, and your machine Testament bring about to overheat. Leaking environing the H2O pump is a tell-tale memo that you commitment to modify the pump and the gasket. All the more another hang-up of conversant that the pump is damaging is whether there is play in the saturate pump pulley when you wiggle it, indicating that the bearing is Gunfire. The replacement action is not indubitable crucial, so save yourself some coinage and establish it in the driveway.
Start the car and bring it to operating temperature. Check the system thoroughly for any leaking.