Trial your alternator for faulty connections provided you jewel your battery is not charging.
One wired connection is black; another red; and the other can be blue, yellow, green and brown. The red and black wires are the main electrical connections. The others go to your ignition warning light system and voltage regulator.4.
1. Levy on a couple of protective gloves. Your hands move stain testing the alternator for defective connections.
2. Extensive the hood of the machine, and secure it. Establish the alternator. Succeed the sash on the front of the van's engine until you jewel a cylindrical article mythical of aluminium. You can proclaim it's the alternator by the vents in the side.
3. Locate three or four connections on the alternator, depending on the type.Defective connections on an alternator can prevent a vehicle's battery from getting charged and the electrical devices in the motorcar from operating properly. So yet Accoutrement in latest cars is reliant on having a fully charged battery and a exactly working alternator; on some cars, it's all the more arduous to receive into the vehivle provided the battery goes dead. Provided you bargain you're having problems, investigation the alternator for defective connections.
Ensure the red wire is tightly connected to the alternator terminal. It usually is attached by a bolt. Move the wire to see whether it's loose; there shouldn't be any movement. If the wire is loose, tighten the nut using a suitably sized wrench.
5. Ensure the black wire is securely attached. It usually is connected to the alternator terminal using a bolt. Check whether the wire is loose; it should not move. If it does, tighten the nut using a wrench.
6. Check the remaining one or two wires. These are much smaller and usually connect using a plastic connector that pushes into a socket. Ensure each wire is connected. Gently pull each wire to see if it comes away from the socket. It is does, push the connector in place firmly until it clicks into a locked position.