The Cadillac Escalade heater core is facile to change. Unfortunately, getting to it in the early deposit can be in fact a dare. Build decided you acquire a entire afternoon to succeed these steps.
1. Exposed the coolant withdraw in the backside of your Cadillac Escalade's radiator and void the antifreeze compound into a Disinfected container for reuse. Cause positive the container has a tight-fitting incorporate; lasting it and allot it aside for reuse.
2. Disconnect the cynical battery cable and isolate them. Then remove or disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core, the instrumental panel storage compartment, the centre floor air-distribution duct and the hinge peristyle trim kick panels. You Testament again charge to disconnect any electrical connectors that may inspire in your fashion in this and succeeding steps.
3. Refill the engine cooling system and run the engine up to normal operating temperature. Check for antifreeze leaks and check to be certain the climate control systems are putting out heat when the engine is at normal operating temperature.
Remove the screw located on the interior side near the evaporator main provided it's commenced. Stabilize the heater meeting against the firewall as you manage this step out, then, working from the engine compartment, remove the four heater assembly-to-chassis screws and the two heater assembly-to-chassis nuts. Remove the seven screws holding the heater cover in place and take the cover out, then remove the heater core from the assembly.
5. Connect the new heater core to the heater assembly, then replace the cover and screw it into place (seven screws.) Reinstall the four heater assembly-to-chassis screws and the two heater assembly-to-chassis nuts. Proper torque for the screws is 17 inch-lbs, for the nuts 25 inch pounds. Also replace the screw on the interior side near the evaporator pipe, and torque to 97 inch pounds if it was removed.
6. Reinstall the instrument panel and fasteners, then the steering column and steering wheel. Working in the engine compartment, screw the blower motor and its cover back into place. Back inside the vehicle body; reinstall the hinge pillar trim kick panels and the center floor air-distribution duct. Reconnect any electrical connectors that were disconnected to clear obstructions in the previous steps.
7. Replace the instrument panel storage compartment, reconnect the heater hoses to the heater core, and reconnect the negative battery cable. Unscrew and remove the blower motor insert, then remove the mounting screws holding the blower Engine in deposit and remove the blower Engine besides. Disconnect and remove the steering shove and limit. Undo the instrument panel fasteners and pull the instrument panel back far Sufficiently to access the heater meeting.4.