Nigrescent epoxy coating protects page metal from corrosion and damage from metal destroying chemicals.2. Levy on your safety glasses, face shield and doeskin functioning gloves. It is extensive to call both safety glasses and a face shield when grinding, as epoxy and metal particles exertion foregone the face shield.3.
1. Secure the 60-grit flapper revolve to the angle grinder.
Unlike other forms of metal Safeguard, once the epoxy coating is applied to the surface of the stage metal, it cannot be stripped easily with a retail gloss stripper. To rent washed-up and remove a hardy nigrous epoxy coating, you compulsion to appropriateness abrasive media. Abrasive media ranges from media blasting with air energy to grinding and sanding pads used with an angle grinder. When using grinding and sanding pads, you entail to choose an abrasive pad that Testament not clog with the coal epoxy coating.
Lower your face shield and pace the 60-grit flapper revolve over the period metal. Clutch the flapper rotate at a five to ten-degree angle from the surface of the sheet metal to avoid gouging the sheet metal with the flapper wheel.
4. Exchange the 60-grit flapper wheel with the 80-grit flapper wheel when the surface of the sheet metal is exposed.
5. Run over the exposed surface of the sheet metal with the 80-grit flapper wheel to remove the scratches left by the 60-grit flapper wheel.
6. Wipe the surface of the sheet metal with a dry rag to clean sanding dust from the sheet metal.
7. Clean remaining black epoxy from the surface of the sheet metal with the wire brush and re-wipe the surface of the sheet metal with the dry rag to complete the black epoxy coating removal process.