Replace a Water Pump on a 98 Chevy Blazer
Look at the gasket and if it is in place, push the pump toward the block and thread the bottom bolts into the block. Now tighten all four bolts using, the 15mm socket and ratchet.8. Attach the hoses and tighten the clamps. Whether it makes a awful rattling rumpus and the pulley is wobbly, it needs to be replaced. Whether an inordinate extent of antifreeze is draining from the flood pump, it needs to be replaced. Saturate pumps generally energy defective suddenly, with small or no warning.
1. Compass the remove pan under the radiator and unfastened the petcock. Grant the antifreeze to empty. Brisk the petcock. Remove the upper radiator hose, using the screwdriver. Set the bolts securing the fan shroud to the radiator. Remove these bolts, using a 10mm socket and ratchet.
2. Loosen all four bolts securing the engine fan to the soak pump, using a 13mm wrench. Conscientious loosen the bolts--do not remove them. Advice the tension on the serpentine region, using a wrench to change the tensioner gone from the sash. Remove the girdle from the alternator and the drench pump pulley.
3. Remove the four bolts from the engine fan to water pump pulley. Lift the fan and fan shroud as a twosome straight up and elsewhere of the vehicle. Remove the H2O pump pulley by pulling it off.
4. Remove all the hoses attached to the damp pump by removing the clamps and pulling them off. They may get one of two disparate types of clamps. One is the type that could be loosened with a screwdriver and the other is a spring type. The spring type needs to be squeezed with pliers to loosen it.
5. Remove the four bolts securing the imbue pump to the block. There are two 4-inch bolts on Everyone side of the water pump. Remove these with a 15mm socket and ratchet. Pull the pump off.
6. Clean all the gasket material off the two openings in the block where the water pump seals using the gasket scraper. Clean these areas well and wipe off with a cloth so they do not leak later. Smear a smooth coat of RTV on both sides of the new gaskets. Place the gaskets on the water pump and allow the RTV to set for five minutes.
7. Place the water pump bolts in the holes in the water pump. Hold the top two bolts and carefully move the pump toward the block, constantly watching the alignment of the two top bolts with the holes in the block. Start to thread the two top bolts in their holes in the block.The longevity of the 1998 Chevy Blazer's dilute pump depends on the tightness of the serpentine cestuses and the vastness of antifreeze in the step. A girth that is further tight can effect lasting wear on the pump's bearing. The antifreeze acts as a lubricant, and a dearth of it Testament argument Exorbitant wear. Diagnosing a dilute pump is entirely effortless.
Install the rest of the parts in reverse order of removal and fill the radiator with a 50-50 mix of antifreeze and water.