The windscreen of a Motor lorry may want to replaced due to damage.
3. Decrease the ancient windscreen from the Motor lorry using a razor blade blade. Slice fini the windscreen gasket and adhesive on all sides of the plentiful circumference of the windscreen.
Remove the windscreen wiper arms by lifting that arms up and absent from the windscreen. Using a flat-head screwdriver, press the tab that secures the arm in levy. Lift up and pull the arm from the slot.
2. Using a screwdriver, remove the weatherstripping from the antiquated windscreen. Be careful not to scratch the gloss of the Motor lorry.
The windscreen on a vehicle may compulsion to be replaced due to breakage or other damage. The windscreen on a 1970 Chevy Motor lorry can be replaced by the owner to save method, particularly whether the owner's insurance does not insert that type of damage. It is recommended that two mankind avail with the installation of the windscreen to prevent damage to the glass.
4. Remove the senescent windscreen using a crowbar to pry it from the truck. Use a gasket scraper and sandpaper to remove any adhesive that remains on the truck.
5. Clean the area to remove any dirt and debris. A clean surface will create a good seal.
6. Apply a thin bead of windshield bonding agent to the windshield and truck frame. Only apply the agent to the areas where the two meet.
7. Press the new windshield into place.
8. Apply a uniform bead of silicone caulk to the truck frame using a caulk gun. It should be applied to the same area as the bonding agent.
9. Check the windshield for proper placement and a good seal. Remove the windshield and add more silicone caulk, if needed. A good seal is important for preventing water leakage and outside noise.
10. Using a gasket scraper, remove any excess caulk that may have squeezed out.
11. Install the weatherstripping by pressing it around the entire perimeter of the windshield.
12. Reinstall the windshield wiper arms.