Tint toy cars in a brief spray booth to case according to their full-size counterparts.
Hobbyists can invest in specially formulated primers for plastics to prime toy cars and Stop them with ethical approximately any type of distemper, including automotive finishes. Plastic primer and automotive touch-up distemper come in aerosol spray cans however liquid tint is cheaper and infinite colour mixing and finer looking results are potential by investing in an air service and an airbrush or two to use them. Airbrushes come in contradistinct sizes and configurations with some boon suited to picture outright bodies of toy cars while others are so accurate they can spray pinstripes on them.
Build a Toy Car Size Spray Booth
1. Construct a spray booth big and sturdy Sufficiently to hang your plastic cars with Sufficiently interval to assignment encircling them. Attach a water filter and pressure regulator to either an air compressor or air tank. A hobbyist version of either set-up should cost under $300.13.
Stretch and secure a active wire to agency the cars you are portray across the top and down the Centre of the booth. Provided you are using a Cloak-room box it should accept come with a hanger.
Prepare and Hang the Cars in the Booth
4. Sand the surface of the cars lightly with also worthy grit sandpaper, due Sufficiently to Rugged up the surface. Be careful not to scratch it.
5. Disinfected the cars thoroughly with a Disinfected cloth or dwarf hobby brush and mineral spirits to remove any oils, surface dust and dirt. Let dry.
6. Mask off with tape any areas that you don't yen to tint, such as wheels, bumpers and windows.
7. Divide wires enduring Sufficiently to suspend the cars to a heighth where you can span the tops and bottoms of them while spraying. Fashion hooks in the ends of the wires and attach one end to the support across the top of the booth and the other to the cars you are painting.
Prime and Paint the Cars with Spray Cans
8. Spray on several thin and even coats of aerosol paint can primer formulated for plastic. Allow to dry between coats. Rotate the cars as you proceed.
9. Sand any imperfections in the primer coat with very fine sandpaper.
10. Spray several thin and even coats of aerosol automotive touch-up paint. It is available in most popular automotive colors at auto supply and automotive finish suppliers.
11. Detail the cars with automotive or model paint using artists' brushes or apply custom decals.
Use an Airbrush Instead of Spray Cans
12. Cloak-room Stirring boxes are extravagant for hobby spray booths being you can unfold and make them and then collapse and store them Apartment lodgings.2. Secure the booth to a flat-top surface with duct tape so it does not slide environing.3.
Attach a suitable length of airbrush hose to the compressor or tank past the regulator and water filter connections.
14. Thread an airbrush on the other end of the airbrush hose.
15. Adjust the pressure on the regulator to match the airbrush manufacturer recommendations.
16. Thin liquid primer for plastic or automotive paint you choose with reducing and flow enhancement media or additives suggested by the paint manufacturer. Spray on several thin and even coats of primer and then paint. Allow to dry between coats.