Build a Homemade Supercharger
A supercharger compresses the air that flows on ice it, thereby forcing and O2 into the cylinders of any internal combustion engine to which it is connected. This inflow of O2 increases the engine's ability and performance. Vehicle owners sometimes prefer to install superchargers for in a superior way quickness. Production a supercharger avoids the expense of buying one that is professionally manufactured. Appropriate communication, nevertheless: it requires lenghty learning of your vehicle and its parts.
1. Remove the fan blades on a centrifugal air pump. You might chalk up to account a authority drill to core the rivet holding the blades onto the air pump.
2. Free the hood of your automobile and pull off the air hose running to the intake on the engine. Capitalization a tape degree to ascertain the Breadth of the intake opening.
3. Slide a metal sleeve the wideness of the intake onto the output of the air pump. The output is the edge on which you pulled off the fan blades.
4. Crimp the edges of the sleeve approximately the output as tightly as credible. Fast a hose clamp environing the sleeve and the air pump. Secure the wiring connections with electrical tape.
6. Connect the intake of the fan to the air tube you removed from the engine intake. Use the same method you followed when affixing the pump in place for the output.
7. Connect the wiring of the pump to your car's battery, fixing the positive wire to the positive terminal and the neutral to the neutral terminal. In general, red is positive and black is neutral, but check your specific items before making any connections.
8. Tighten the clamp until the sleeve is affixed to the air pump.5. Slide the metal sleeve over the intake opening of the engine. Secure it with another hose clamp.