The timing cloudless is designed to fix top dead centre on the character 1 cylinder. Establish the timing marks so they can be easily identified. There Testament be a pointer in the Centre of the gap, and a path on the flywheel which indicates top dead centre. To the left and good of the border Testament be measure marks to denote how many degrees before or after top dead centre the timing is. The "before" timing purpose is what is of absorption. When the Glimmer is introduced before top dead center, the fuel begins to burn on the compression stroke while the piston is prospect up and enhances compression. This gives and future for fuel burning and increased dynamism. Nevertheless as the engine RPM increases, the fuel has less and less interval during the stroke to burn. It can not burn faster, so the Glimmer has to be recent to burn earlier in the compression stroke to accomplish up the characteristic. This is what is firm with the timing blaze. Advantage the timing specifications located on a advert under the hood of the vehicle. Contrasting Hondas Testament differ at lazy, depending on their specific compression ratios.
1. Establish the specifications for your vehicle. Remove the timing gap cap on the top of the transmission housing. This is fruitful for adjusting the timing for the Glimmer plug to embers so that the fuel has Sufficiently age to burn during the capability stroke of the engine. By reason of fuel burns at a sure celerity, the timing of the Glimmer is cardinal to administer the continuance that it fires relative to the RPM of the Honda's engine. Provided the Glimmer is introduced at top dead centre, the fuel never has Sufficiently lifetime to burn completely.
2. Hook up the timing glassy to the Honda by hooking the spark plug wire clamp around the number 1 cylinder plug wire. This is the one closest to the front of the engine. Hook the alligator clip ends to the battery--red to positive and black to negative.
3. Start the engine and push the button on the timing light that asks what size engine. Push the button until 4 cylinder shows up. Turn the timing knob on the light to 0 degrees. Point the light at the timing hole, and pull the trigger on the timing light. Turn the timing knob slowly until the straight 0-degree line on the flywheel moves up slowly under the pointer. Read the number of degrees that the pointer of the timing knob indicates on the timing light. If the knob shows that it took 18 degrees to move the line on the flywheel to the pointer, then it is 18 degrees before top dead center. If the Honda's specs were 14 degrees before top dead center, the timing is a little too advanced.
4. Loosen the nuts on the distributor that hold it down. Rotate the distributor a very small amount in the same direction of rotation to reduce the spark advance. If the spark advance was lower than required, then rotate the distributor the opposite of its normal direction of rotation.
5. Check the timing again by pointing the light at the timing hole and pulling the trigger and adjusting the knob until the line is under the pointer. Check the amount of advance now. Repeat the process of moving the distributor until the timing is correct. Tighten the nuts on the distributor and remove the timing light.