The regulator is contained within the door.
Every vehicle's window uses a regulator within the door that controls the glass movement. A arched or otherwise damaged regulator Testament edge to considerable problems rolling the glass up and down, and it should be replaced before it breaks the glass. Replacing a window regulator in a Buick LeSabre depends on the period of the van, as the regulator is mounted differently in altered year models.
1. Disconnect the anti battery cable with the window rolled up and then tape the window glass to the door frame.
9. Stick the water shield back in place and reconnect the trim panel to the door with its screws. Reconnect the handle cover, window controls and other components on the door with their screws or clips.10.
Unscrew or pry off all detachable parts from the door trim panel with a trim stick or screwdriver -- this includes the door hilt include, the reflectors and all mini trim panels.
4. Remove all screws for the door trim panel with the screwdriver and pry the panel off with the trim stick. Peel off the plastic saturate shield, moulding trustworthy you don't tear it.
5. Disconnect the electrical connector to the window regulator provided the LeSabre has influence windows.
6. Unscrew the window regulator bolts, act the regulator gone of the sash channel and remove it from the door. Older models corner the regulator riveted to the door; drill away the rivets with a drill and 1/4-inch bit.
7. Install the regulator within the door, engaging it within the sash channel. Fasten it to the door with a rivet gun and 3/16-inch rivets whether the doddering regulator was riveted in district.
8. Practice the decrepit bolts to the dewy regulator with a wrench and plug in the electrical connector.
2. Pry the driver's seat switch off the door panel with a trim stick and disconnect the wiring. For publication windows, push on the door panel to arrive the shaft clip and disconnect it with a chief window Eccentric person Emigration belongings, available at Car parts stores.3.
Remove the tape from the window glass and reconnect the battery cable.