Install a Starter in a 1996 Ford Contour
Installing a starter in a 1996 Ford Border is a physically demanding assignment. The starter Engine itself must extreme uttermost stresses as it starts the engine. In method to create that, Ford manufactures the starter casing from thick steel, which adds durability and weight.6. Put the replacement starter in position and hold it there with one arm while you thread the mounting bolts in with your free hand. Tighten the bolts down using the socket set.
1. Yawning the hood and disconnect the negative battery cable from the denial battery terminal using the battery wrench.
2. Lift the front heel of the Edge with the jack and put jack stands under the front frame. Lower the Path onto the jack stands.
3. Climb under the front limitation and unbolt the starter wiring from the starter using the socket establish. The starter is located on the lower-front lot of the engine where the transaxle bolts to the engine block.
4. Assist the weight of the starter with one handwriting while you remove the two starter mounting bolts with your other labourer, using the socket allot. Do not allow the weight of the starter to hang on the bolts at any time once they are loose.
5. Pull the starter out from under the Contour and compare it to the replacement starter. The two should be identical in physical size, shape and configuration.
Manoeuvring this hefty bit underneath a automobile isn't an inconsiderable business, still for an Professional mechanic. But, whether you keep basic automotive-repair skills and favorable upper-body impulse, you can install a starter on a 1996 Ford Border in less than two hours.
7. Bolt the starter wiring to the replacement starter using the socket set in reverse of the removal procedure.
8. Lower the Contour off the jack stands with the jack.
9. Reconnect the negative battery cable to the battery with the battery wrench and then close the hood.