While the muffler on your Chevy S-10 pickup does incision down the bellow outlook absent of your exhaust, it as well helps arrange the Correct back coercion and flow of exhaust gases outside of the engine. The muffler and exhaust are designed to office with the engine to scavenge gases and grant another air and fuel to be fed in. Whether the exhaust has also all the more back pressure, it Testament abbreviate the intake potency, and the engine in your S-10 Testament not race properly.
1. Uplift the rear of the Motor lorry off the ground using a jack then position a locate of jack stands under the frame to back the Motor lorry. Remove the jack and establish it aside.
2. Fix the muffler at the rear of the Motor lorry. It connects to a flange at the rear of the catalytic converter and has indefinite rubber hangers supporting it.
3. Fix the two retaining bolts that blend the muffler to the back of the catalytic converter. Remove the bolts by turning them counterclockwise with a ratchet and socket then separate the two flanges. Let the front of the muffler hang down.
4. Move to the body of the muffler and locate the two rubber isolators that support the muffler from above it on the frame. Remove the rubber isolators from the hanger pins on the muffler and lower the muffler down then remove it from under the truck.
5. Install the two mounting bolts in the flanges and tighten the flange mounting bolts to 30 foot-pounds with a torque wrench.7. Support the rear of the truck with a jack and remove the jack stands. Lower the truck to the ground and start the engine, listening for leaks in the exhaust.
Position a new muffler under your S-10 and raise it up to the rubber isolators. Push the mounting pins on the muffler into the rubber isolators on the frame.6. Raise the front of the muffler up and mate the flange on the muffler to the flange on the catalytic converter.