With a slender mechanical participation and the honest tools and replacement parts, installing a inexperienced H2O pump isn't further galling. Kia Spectra manufacturers very reccomend that you transform the timing belt at the equivalent chronology, owing to the timing girth uses the irrigate pump as a pulley. Thus, when one is worn gone, the other probably is, as well.
Remove the jack stands and lower the jack. Attach the negative battery cable to the post and tighten the screw on the clamp.10.
Jack up the Kia Spectra, using the jack stands to stabilize the vehicle.
2. Twist off the radiator cap slowly. End the twin with the empty plug located underneath the radiator. Place a container under the opening to obtain the coolant. Dust up any spilled coolant to avoid slippage.
3. Proceeds off the parts meaningful to the doctor pump on the Kia Spectra using an adjustable wrench. In distribution, these comprehend: the impel cestuses, timing region, capability steering pump (don't unhook the fluid lines), drool pump inlet and bypass pipes. Remove and discard the o-rings on these parts.
4. Settle Everyone atom gone, with its bolts, in the establishment disconnected. Establish the potency steering pump gone of your hang-up, on the other hand you mustn't disconnect it completely.
5. Undo the bolts securing the water pump to the engine. Remove the gasket. Clean off the mount, using a shop rag. Inspect the area for cracks.
Connect the New Water Pump
6. Unwrap and inspect the new Kia Spectra water pump. It should be identical to the old pump, clean and free of any metal splinters. The surface that mounts to the engine must be smooth, without bumps or dips.
7. Arrange the new gasket onto the water pump. Place a bead of sealant around the area where you removed the old pump. Hold the gasket in place on the new water pump as you mount the entire assembly on top of the sealant.
8. Keep the water pump in place as you secure it with four new bolts. Tighten each in any order with 14 to 19 foot pounds torque. Reassemble remainder of the parts in the order you took them off the Kia Spectra. Place new o-rings on the water pump bypass pipe and the water inlet pipe.
9. Replace the Kia Spectra's drain plug and refill the radiator with the amount and type of coolant specified in your owner's manual.
Take Off the Old Water Pump1. Disconnect the annulling battery cable by opening the hood and using a screwdriver to unscrew the clamp that connects the cynical battery cable to the battery proclaim.
Start the car and check for leaks. Dispose of the drained coolant. The old radiator fluid is a hazardous material. You may need to contact your local sanitation department for disposal options like recycling.