Studies manifestation that over one-half of all infant machine seats are improperly installed in the USA. Your resident police or glow station most credible has a trained Super intender who Testament trial your vehivle seat for free ride. Although installing a motorcar seat may seem close a mild anything, many factors figure into a beneficial fit, and not all vehivle seats fit fine in all van models. Utilize the adjacent steps as a sample, on the other hand constitute an appointment to receive your automobile seat inspected by a trained able.
1. Shop for a machine seat or booster seat take for your baby's happening weight and interval. Act not get a used vehivle seat. It may not hog been designed for nowadays's added stringent specifications.
2. Bell the manufacturer or visit its Web site to make sure your car seat has not had any safety recalls.
3. Read the owner's manual and instruction book that came with your car seat. Many manufacturers list a toll-free number you can necessitate help installing your seat.
4. Place the car seat in the proper place and direction. Infants must always be placed in rear-facing car seats until they are at least 1 year old and 20 lbs. (9 kg). Babies younger than 1 year old and more than 20 lbs. (9 kg) should ride in a rear-facing seat approved for heavier babies until at least 1 year old. Children more than 40 lbs. (18 kg) should always ride in a booster seat until at least 8 years old. The middle of the backseat is the safest place for a car seat or booster seat.
5. Thread the seat belt through the designated slots and snap the seat belt together. Tighten the seat belt before and during this process.
6. Push the car seat firmly against the seat.
7. Ask a friend to lean down on or sit on the car seat while you tighten the belt as tight as possible.
8. Use the locking clip that came with the car seat if you have an over-the-shoulder seat belt or the kind that locks up only when jerked hard. Have a car-seat inspector check your installation.
10. Make sure the car seat cannot move more than 1 inch (2.5 cm) in any direction. If it does, push it against the back of the seat and lean down on it while tightening and refastening the seat belt.
11. The locking clip secures the shoulder belt to the lap belt.9. If the seat belt is connected to the door frame, you may need a tether, which you can have installed at a car dealership.