The ignition switch is the most imperative detail of the ignition operation. It allows the Chevrolet to Eccentric person and it Testament isolate the switch as soon as the decisive is turned and the Engine is started. The ignition switch is a five-phase switch, with a setting in five positions. The switch has a setting in the amble, auxilliary, exit, cessation and lock position. The switch will automatically hardihood to the day one position and automatically repay to the jog setting when the vehicle is started. Provided the ignition switch fails, you won't be able to begin your vehicle.
Removing the Old Ignition Switch
1. Remove the steering circle housing. It Testament slide correctly out.
Installing the Ignition Switch6. Install the new switch.
Set the switch last at the end the guide tumbler. It Testament be held by a screw.
3. Remove the screw holding in the switch. The switch will grindstone its behaviour loose.
4. Unattach the pigtail attached to the back of the ignition switch. They should lock in with a tab that needs to be folded up so the pigtail can be slid elsewhere.
5. Remove the fossil switch. This Testament be held on by two screws. One Testament be in the front and the other Testament be in the back of the housing. The screws are normally Phillips heads or star-shaped heads.2.
Inspect to make sure it looks like the old one.
7. Plug the wiring into the back of the switch. The wiring pigtail will lock into place.
8. Screw the switch back into position where the old one was removed. The new switch should sit in the same as the old one.
9. Place the steering column housing back around the steering wheel. Install it as you took it off. The housing is set to fit around the column and fits one way.
10. Tighten the screws on the housing. The housing should be snug.