Repair a 1994 Lincoln Town Machine Heater
The blower Engine on your Town Vehivle spins the fan cage attached to it in an header to circulate heat throughout the interior of the vehivle. In most cars, the blower mounts under the dashboard in a protected sphere. The 1994 Lincoln Town Machine differs seeing the blower motor mounts within the engine compartment. This can edge to damage in the forms of doctor intrusion besides as damage from the ultimate heat produced by the engine. The heater may mark working altogether or exclusive endeavor on one setting. You can remove and interchange the mature blower Engine condign Homewards. The repair should grip 25 minutes.
1. Lift and bed the hood on your Town Automobile.
2. Loosen and remove the detrimental battery cable from its proclaim with a socket wrench. The opposite cable should be all brunet. Provided you Stare at the top of the battery circumstances coterminous to the cable, you should distinguish a microscopic minus symbol.
3. Allot the blower Engine at the back of the engine compartment fly closest to the turn husky. The top of it looks allying a livid aluminium can with a rubber hose future out of the side.
4. The safety clip on the wiring harness should make an audible click when the connection engages.9. Reconnect and secure the negative battery cable back to its post on the battery and shut the hood. Turn on the power from within your Town Car and check the blower motor's operation on all of its settings.
Squeeze the black rubber cooling tube at its base where it enters the blower motor and pop it out of position from the motor. Notice the grooved lip around the tube. When you reinstall the cooling tube, the entire lip has to be reinserted back into the motor.
6. Remove the four mounting bolts from the blower motor's base plate. Remove the blower motor from its housing in an outward motion and set it to the side or discard it.
7. Insert the new blower motor back into the housing just as you removed the old motor. Return each of its four mounting bolts by hand first, to ensure they thread properly. Tighten each of the bolts with your socket wrench a quarter turn past hand tight, no more.
8. Reconnect the rubber cooling tube back to the side of the blower motor and plug the wiring harness back up securely. Unplug the wiring harness connected to the blower motor. The safety clip may be hard to press down with one hand so it's OK to carefully use a flat-head screwdriver to assist you. Tuck the wire out of the way temporarily.5.