The radiator is the affection of a vehicle cooling manner and to accumulate it running at optimum efficiency in your Mazda6, you should perform some routine continuation, including flushing of the radiator. While this may seem affection a complicated engagement, it's relatively child's play and almost anyone can cook it.
1. Deed the Mazda6 to a aligned surface, switch off the engine and place the parking brake. Then, sincere the hood and research the exterior temperature of the radiator. Whether it's broiling or pleasant to the touch, avow it to nippy down before you proceed.
2. Stop filling when the coolant is within an inch from overflowing from the radiator.7. Start the engine of the Mazda6 and turn the heater on the highest setting. Allow the car to run for about 10 minute and then shut off the engine.
3. Country a bucket or tray with at least a two-gallon ability underneath the radiator and below the drain plug. The drain plug on the Mazda6 is underneath the radiator on the driver's side of the car.
4. Unscrew the drain plug and allow the old coolant to flow into bucket. Because of the drain plug location on the Mazda6, you may want to wear goggles to protect your eyes from coolant splash and gloves for your hands, since the coolant is very toxic.
5. Put the drain plug back into place and fill the radiator completely with distilled water. Remove the plug to flush the water and repeat until the water runs debris free out the radiator drain. Once complete, be sure to dispose of the radiator flush correctly.
6. Tighten the drain plug and fill the radiator with fresh coolant. Twist the radiator cap one unabridged revolution and then course absent from it. This allows any internal power to escape. After waiting a minute or so, completely remove the radiator cap.
Check the coolant level and add more, if necessary. Finally, put the radiator cap back on and close the hood.