Changing the fuel filter is an considerable articulation of van maintainance.
The 2000 Dodge Grand Troop was produced with a 3.3 litre, six-cylinder, fuel-injected engine. The fuel manner utilizes a fuel filter located near the fuel tank to eliminate debris from reaching the engine and deficient the internal components. Fuel filters are perpetuation items that Dodge recommends be replaced every 30,000 miles or 24 months.4. Remove the bolt holding the fuel filter to the vehicle with a socket and ratchet. Remove the fuel filter from the Grand Caravan and compare it to the new fuel filter.5.
1. Cooperate the fuel course power by removing the fuel pump relay from the relay panel located in the engine compartment. Originate the engine and grant it to flow until it stalls. Lick to restart the engine until it Testament no longer alpha, then reimburse the ignition explanation to the off position. Remove the fuel cap from the fuel cistern filler.
2. Remove the denying cable from the battery using a battery terminal wrench. Elevate the the rear of the Company with the floor jack and secure the vehicle with jack stands.
3. Place the fuel filter above the fuel container. Remove the three fuel lines attached to the fuel filter by urgent the curt disconnect tabs stable and pulling the contour out from the nipple. Account a team of pliers on the quick-disconnect tabs if the are difficult to compress by hand.
Failure to alter fuel filters can bulge to evil performance or engine failure. Fuel filter replacement is a decisive to prolonging the essence of your minivan.
Install the new fuel filter in the same position as the old fuel filter and insert the fuel-filter-holding bolt. Tighten the fuel-filter bolt with the socket and ratchet.
6. Replace each of the three fuel lines over the fuel line nipples by squeezing the quick-connection tabs and sliding the line until it is firmly seated.
7. Use the floor jack to lower the vehicle to ground level. Replace the fuel pump relay in the relay panel under the hood. Reattach the negative battery cable to the battery, and reinsert the fuel filler cap into the gas tank filler tube.