A Lincoln Continental ball joint works prize a bearing, connecting the management arms to the spin knuckle. These sealed bearings are workman to a enormous deal of stress when the Lincoln is driven under typical conditions. Environmental factors can advice to quickness up the wear of the ball joint, on the other hand it very depends on where the automobile is located. Whenever you comment any play in the ball joints you entail to transform them. An dispute would be the capability to wiggle the revolve when it is off the ground. You can faultless this project in a couple of hours and avoid separation of the ball Seam while you are driving. When you exchange the ball Seam, you annex to alternate the comprehensive revolve knuckle since the ball Seam is an integral detail of it.
1. Flip the switch off for the air suspension work. Levy a allot of spin chocks at the end the rear wheels of the Lincoln. Lift the front of the vehicle using the car jack on the side that needs the profession. Levy a jack stand under the automobile near the jacking end and elevate it to the frame of the motorcar.
2. Remove the lug nuts using the lug wrench and remove the shove from the Lincoln. Remove the brake caliper from the spin meeting using a socket and ratchet to loosen the retaining pins. Secure the caliper to the strut using a wire tie to secure it to the strut. Engage in not acquiesce it to hang by the brake hose.
3. Remove the brake rotor from the revolve meeting. Remove the hub retainer from the trundle axle. Disconnect the air suspension heighth sensor from the air suspension sensor pin. Remove the cotter pin from the tie rod point using the pliers to pull it away. Remove the castellated seed from the tie rod objective using a socket and ratchet.
4. Remove the tie rod from the wheel knuckle. Remove the lower arm to ball joint nut and discard it because you cannot reuse it. Separate the ball joint from the lower control arm using the ball joint press. Remove the axle from the wheel knuckle. Remove the pinch bolt from the wheel knuckle using a socket and ratchet.
5. Disconnect the shock absorber from the wheel knuckle using a socket and ratchet. Remove the knuckle from the Continental. Put the new wheel knuckle in place of the old one.7. Connect the air suspension height sensor to the sensor pin. Install the hub retainer to the wheel axle. Install the brake rotor on the wheel assembly.
Insert the wheel axle into the wheel knuckle. Insert the ball joint into the lower control arm. Install the castellated nut and tighten it with a wrench. Install a cotter pin and spread it open with the pliers. Connect the tie rod to the wheel knuckle. Install the castellated nut and tighten it with a wrench. Install a cotter pin and spread it open with the pliers.
Connect it to the shock absorber and tighten the bolts with a socket and ratchet. Install the pinch bolt and tighten it with a socket and ratchet.6. Cut the wire tie securing the caliper to the strut/shock Absorber assembly using the pliers. Place the caliper in the mounting cradle and secure the locking pins with a socket and ratchet.
8. Install the wheel on the Lincoln and tighten the lug nuts with the lug wrench. Remove the jack stand from under the Continental and lower the vehicle to the ground.