Van efficacy windows are mythical practicable by internal electrically operated window regulators. The electric Engine that cranks the regulator can wear elsewhere, and wish replacement. The customary backyard mechanic can transform a faculty Engine in a motorcar window in approximately 30 minutes.
1. Trial the fuses for blown filaments. Modify any fuses that achieve not own continual internal metal from Perch to Perch. Most fuse boxes are located on the Chauffeur's side kick panel, on the other hand some manufacturers assign them inside the glove box or on the firewall in the engine compartment.
2. Research the switch for the nonoperational window by prying the switch elsewhere with a screwdriver (unusual own screws) and interchanging the leads for one switch onto the window vitality tested. The switch leads can be swapped to comp switch method. Provided the window works, the switch is at blemish and must be replaced. Provided it yet does not functioning, the Engine is probably worn out.
3. Disconnect the battery by turning the positive terminal bolt counterclockwise. Set the terminal aside.
4. Remove the screw at the interior door handle, if applicable, by turning it counterclockwise.
5. Remove the arm rest bolts, if applicable, by turning them counterclockwise.
6. Remove the door panel by pulling on it to disengage the pop rivets holding it to the metal. These plastic rivets are common to most cars and trucks, and may require replacement each time the panel is removed.
8. Replace the motor by pushing it back onto the regulator gears and tightening the mount bolts in a clockwise direction. Press the adapter plugs together to associate the motor to the wiring harness.
7. Remove the motor by disconnecting it from the wiring harness (pull the adapter plug apart), then turning it's mount bolts in a counterclockwise direction. The motor will come straight out, away from the window regulator gears.
9. Replace the door panel by pressing it onto the metal, firmly tapping each pop rivet into place. Tighten the arm rest bolts and interior door handle screws, if necessary.
10. Replace the power window switch assembly by connecting it's wiring harness and pressing it into the door panel.
11. Reconnect the battery by turning the positive terminal bolt clockwise.