A flood pump keeps your automobile from overheating.
At the love of the cooling operation of your 1993 Ford Probe, you Testament gem the water pump. Keeping the pump working properly is imperative. Water pumps can experience different issues but the signs of failure are easy to notice. Connect the hose. Connect the lower radiator hose. Install the radiator drain plug.
2. Apply the parking brake. Block the wheels with a brick or block of wood. Allow the engine to cool completely.
3. Remove the radiator cap. Remove the reservoir cap. Place a container under the drain plug. Open the drain plug at the bottom of the radiator with a pair of pliers.
4. Move the drain pan under the lower radiator hose to catch the coolant. Disconnect the lower radiator hose after the coolant quits draining. If the coolant is clear, keep the coolant to refill the cooling system. If the coolant is brown, use new coolant to refill the system.
5. Disconnect the hose from the coolant reservoir. Remove the reservoir. Flush the reservoir with clean water.
6. Loosen the power steering pump through-bolt with a socket and ratchet. Loosen the lock nut bolt. Turn the adjusting bolt with a socket and ratchet to loosen the belt.
7. Loosen the bolts on the alternator with a socket and ratchet. Turn the adjuster lock nut.
8. Remove the drive belt. Remove the power steering pump bolts using a socket and ratchet. Set the power steering pump aside.
9. Remove the water pump pulley bolts with a wrench. Remove the pulley. Remove the bolts from the timing belt cover with a socket and ratchet. Remove the timing belt.
10. Remove the water pump mounting bolts using a socket and ratchet. Remove the water pump.
11. Use a gasket scraper to clean the gasket surface on the motor. Apply a thin layer of RTV sealant to the new gasket. Install the water pump gasket.
12. Place the water pump on the engine. Tighten the water pump mounting bolts with a socket and ratchet.
13. Install the timing belt. Tighten the timing belt cover using a socket and ratchet. Install the water pump pulley.
14. Install the power steering pump. Tighten the bolts with a socket and ratchet.
15. Install the drive belt. Turn the adjuster lock nut. Tighten the bolts on the alternator.
16. Turn the adjusting bolt on the power steering pump to tighten the drive belt. Tighten the power steering pump through-bolt with a socket and ratchet.
17.Install the coolant reservoir. Overheating, squealing noises, pools of coolant and no cool air from the air conditioner are rather obvious signs of a problem.