Whether the window glass in your Toyota Corolla's Chauffeur side door is still slightly cracked or damaged, you charge to convert it at once. A cracked window becomes exceeding delicate and has a higher risk of shattering; this poses a more advantageous danger for the Chauffeur's side door. In order to remove and replace the window glass, you need to get inside the door by removing the inner trim panel.
Removing the Door Panel
1. Disconnect the negative cable from the Corolla's battery. This is needed if the door uses any electronics; since you are dealing with the driver's side door, this is very likely.
2. Disconnect the window controls from the door. For power controls, pry the control switch up with a trim stick and disconnect its electrical connector. Make sure it is correctly placed within the regulator and secure it with the mounting bolts.10. Reconnect all parts and trim panels in the reverse order that you removed them.
4. Pry off the trim panels covering the door panel's mounting screws with the trim stick and remove the screws; this includes the door handle's trim piece and the armrest panel.
5. Insert the trim tool behind the door's trim panel and work it around the outer edge to disengage the clips. You can now pull the panel up and off the door and disconnect all electrical connectors behind it.
Removing the Glass
6. Peel back the plastic watershield covering the door and remove the black plate covering the hole in the door by removing its screws. Pry the weatherstripping out of the top of the door.
7. Remove the mounting bolts attaching the window glass to the window regulator. These bolts should require a hex wrench.
8. Pull the glass up and out of the door. Use caution if the glass is damaged in any way.
9. Lower the replacement glass down into the door. For a window crank, insert a rag behind the handle and rub it back and forth to disengage the handle's clip.3. Detach the trim cover for the door's mirror by unscrewing and removing the control handle and prying the cover's retainers loose with a screwdriver.