The ignition switch on the Nissan Sentra GXE is on the fair side of the steering line. Place the upper and lower shrouds onto the steering column and secure them using the Phillips screwdriver.
1. Remove the screws that clutch the upper and lower steering line shrouds well-adjusted using a Phillips screwdriver. Remove both pieces from the Nissan's steering borderline.
2. Unplug the wiring harness from the ignition switch. The wiring harness has a lock on Everyone deadline of the harness. To Proceeds the lock, pull up on the tabs.
3. Remove the screws that secure the ignition switch to the steering contour. The screws keep tamper-proof Torx heads on them. You can predispose a screwdriver to remove these screws from most automotive department stores.
4. Settle the ignition switch on a workbench. Include the ignition principal into the lock cylinder and turn it one click clockwise.
5. Fix the metal spring pin on the backside of the ignition switch. Push the pin into the switch and pull the lock cylinder almost absent of the ignition switch. Turn the key to the "Off" position and pull the lock cylinder out of the ignition switch.
6. Place the lock cylinder into the new ignition switch. It will only go in halfway.
7. Place the ignition key into the lock cylinder, turn it one click clockwise, push in on the metal spring pin and slide the lock cylinder all the way into the ignition switch. This locks the lock cylinder in place.
8. Secure the ignition switch to the steering column using the tamper-proof screws and the Torx screwdriver.
9. Plug the wiring harness back into the ignition switch and push down on the locking tabs.
10. It is cinch to establish over you corner the ignition interpretation into it every age you turn on your vehicle. The lock cylinder goes equitable terminated the ignition switch. When you turn the important on, the ignition switch sends an electrical expression from the battery to the starter Engine. Whether the vehicle fails to begin, replacing the ignition switch could resolve the concern.