Direction arm bushings are a critical and heavy chunk of the Jeep 4 link suspension systems. The bushings are fictional of rubber locate into a steel canister or sleeve that is then pressed into the domination arm. The method works bright-eyed when brand-new on the other hand as the bushings launch to collapse or deteriorate, the front heel of the Jeep becomes besides unstable over bumps and dips in the roadway. Replacing these bushings is duration consuming and can be challenging. Whether you arrange not hold the tools needed for the gig, you can rent them at most automotive parts retailers.
Work your way through all eight bushings on the four control arms, repeating the process as you go. Replacing the bushing will significantly tighten the front end of the Jeep and make a noticeable difference in the handling of it.
Position your floor jack under the differential and use fair-minded Sufficiently upward impact to ownership the axle up. Extremely even upward impulse Testament rationale the bolts holding the ascendancy arms in to bind, moulding them besides dense to remove.
3. Remove the bolts holding the state arm at both ends. Working on one arm at a generation is boss on the contrary you can remove all four away whether you choose to. The method for removal is the same either way.
4. Remove the control arm from the truck by pulling it down out of the mount on the frame and upward out of the axle. You may need to use a dead blow hammer or breaker bar to encourage them to come out.
5. Press the control arm bushing out of the arm using a shop press and dies or using Jeep's specialty tool designed for this purpose. The bushing has a flange on one side and can only come out one way. It is an obvious flange, so you should not have any trouble seeing it.
6. Press a new bushing into the hole in the arm, keeping the flange on the same side as it was before removing the old bushing. The new bushing will press in easily if it is kept square to the control arm during installation. It can be done in a bench vise or a shop press if you have one.
7. Reinstall the control arm into the Jeep. Line up the body end of the control arm first and insert a bolt through the bushing. Apply some anti-seize on the bolt before installation To admit for easy removal should it ever be necessary.
8. Line up the axle end of the control arm and raise the axle as needed with the floor jack to line up the bolt holes. Install the bolts after coating them with anti-seize compound and torque the bolts to the manufacturer's specifications.