Commensurate other internal combustion engines, the engine in the 1988 Chevy pickup uses a hose pump to circulate coolant ended the engine to remove heat from the engine. Over future the bearings in the douse pump can fail and reason the pump to leak coolant. Overheating caused by low coolant levels Testament damage the engine and in severe cases author the engine to grab. Replacing the leaking pump in your Chevy Testament prevent this bleeding heart of damage.
8. Fill the radiator with a 50/50 mix of anti-freeze and water and start the engine. Let the engine run until it reaches operating temperature and the coolant level drops in the radiator. When the coolant stops draining accelerated the valve.
2. Remove the four 3/8-inch bolts that attach the upper fan shroud to the lower fan shroud, using a socket, interval and ratchet. Remove the four 3/8-inch bolts that attach the upper fan shroud to the radiator core assist. Lift the shroud outside of the engine compartment.
3. Remove the four nuts that attach the fan blade to the front of the aqua pump pulley using a 7/16-inch wrench. Pull the fan forward, off the saturate pump studs, and lift it away of the engine compartment.
4. Loosen the upper alternator bolt using a 1/2-inch wrench and slide the alternator toward the centre of the engine. Loosen the A/C compressor bolts using a 9/16-inch wrench and push the compressor toward the centre of the engine. Remove the belts and the baptize pump pulley.
5. Loosen the lower radiator hose clamp using a screwdriver. Pull the hose off the flood pump. Loosen the heater hose clamp, which attaches the heater hose to the top of the doctor pump, using a screwdriver. Remove the four 9/16-inch water pump bolts using a socket, ratchet, and time. Pull the pump from the front of the engine and elsewhere of the heater hose..
6. Stick the just out gaskets, supplied with the brand-new pump, to the pump using gasket adhesive. Disinfected the gasket surface on the engine using a gasket scraper to remove all traces of the experienced gasket. Coat the inside of the heater hose and the lower radiator hose with a thin movie of silicon grease.
7. Slip the bathe pump into the heater hose and bolt the pump to the front of the engine. Tighten the heater hose clamp. Slip the lower radiator hose onto the pump and tighten the clamp. Reinstall the pulley, belts, fan and upper fan shroud.
1. Empty the cooling transaction. Settle a pan under the Chauffeur's side of the radiator and twist the remove valve wing-nut clockwise until coolant drains into the pan. Remove the radiator cap from the top exactly of the radiator by twisting it counterclockwise as you push down on it. Top off the coolant in the radiator and fill the coolant recovery bottle to the "Full" level marked on the side of the bottle. Reinstall the radiator cap and check for leaks.