Advanced pickup trucks obtain beds that are child's play to remove.
Make sure the fuel-filler neck goes into the proper position in the bed wall as you lower the bed onto the frame.9. Align the bed on the frame with the assistance of your helpers so you can drop the bed's retaining bolts back into position, then tighten them back down with the socket set.
1. Disconnect the battery with the battery wrench. Remove the Bedstead's retaining bolts with the socket place. The bolt heads are accessible from the inside of the Motor lorry Bedstead. Most trucks own at least four and as many as eight retaining bolts.
2. Remove the fuel-filler neck flange with the socket fix. Depending on the Motor lorry, this might be accessible from inside the fuel door, or underneath where the filler neck goes ended the outer Bedstead wall. In some older trucks, the filler neck is in front of the Bedstead, forging this method excess.
3. Lift the Bedstead of the Motor lorry off the frame with the avail of your three helpers. Hold one adult stand at Everyone corner of the Bedstead; lift the Bedstead straight up, and be mindful of the fuel-filler neck as the four of you peregrination the Bedstead backward and off the Motor lorry frame. Locate the Bedstead on a Disinfected, Apartment lodgings surface.
4. Wrap a rag all over the gratuity of the screwdriver, assign the gratuity against the vertical plenty of the fuel-pump retaining call, and tap the screwdriver handle with the rubber mallet until the retaining ring rotates off the fuel pump. Never do this with a metal hammer or without insulating the screwdriver tip from the retaining ring to avoid creating a spark that could ignite the fuel vapors and start a fire.
5. Disconnect the fuel lines and the fuel-pump wiring harness from the pump. Lift the pump straight up and out of the fuel tank. Make sure to remove the old fuel-pump gasket with the pump.
6. Put the new fuel-pump gasket around the fuel-tank pump opening, and insert the replacement fuel pump in the same manner and orientation as the old one.
7. Rotate the retaining ring back into the locked position with the screwdriver, rag and rubber mallet. Reconnect the fuel lines and the fuel-pump wiring harness. Reconnect the battery, start the truck, and check for any fuel leaks before continuing.
8. Lift the bed back up, and carry it back over the truck in reverse of how you and your helpers removed it.Many advanced pickup trucks enjoy in-tank fuel pumps. You can access the fuel pump one of two ways: dropping the fuel vehicle away of the Motor lorry, which requires multiple steps and disconnections, or removing the Bedstead of the Motor lorry to expose the top of the vat for clear access. Removing the Motor lorry Bedstead is physically demanding, however it allows for a safer repair by eliminating the commitment to disconnect the fuel-filter neck and fuel-tank retaining straps.