Diagnosing motorcar problems in a Dodge, or any machine, is reasonably not difficult. Most times it is a action of elimination to pride the antecedent of the dilemma. Using the Correct methods to diagnose a machine complication Testament nourishment save hours and bucks from continuance wasted. Here are some incomplex steps on diagnose vehivle problems in a Dodge.
1. Establish where the issue may be. This is easily accomplished by listening to the vehicle or noticing how it operates while driving. Recompense care to distinguished sounds or actions the vehicle makes. This will help set the dilemma nature, which Testament advice diagnose the dispute closest.
2. Trial for no problem solutions. Proof the fluid levels such as washer or brake fluid, oil, aqua, transmission and imbue in the battery. Provided any of these are low, fill the Correct reservoir. Brake fluid, windshield-washer fluid, doctor and battery baptize are entire to the even along the inside of the reservoir. Oil and transmission fluid lack Correct filling to a gauge on the dipstick. Transmission fluid must be added while the motorcar is running.
3. Ride the motorcar for a lifetime. Whether the disagreement returns or persists, evaluation for leaks by looking under the motorcar for puddles or dripping fluid. Locate where the fluid is outlook from whether this is the difficulty. Provided you hear noises and there is no fluid leak, one's all to fix the field where the clang is.
4. Get the manual specific to your year and model. Read the manual to find specific information about your problem. Each manual will have clear information on the cause and possible solutions. The manuals will also tell you if the problem should be taken to a mechanic. You will also find the needed parts and tools listed to properly diagnose and repair the problem.8. Decide if you want to attempt the solution yourself or take it to a mechanic. In either case, you will have a better understanding of what the problem is and what corrections are needed. Make sure you understand completely what the manual says before attempting to diagnose or repair your problem.
6. Locate the correct repair manual for your make and model year. This can be found at one of three sites. Dodge has an official site for owner's manuals. Chilton's repair manuals are sold on CD from its website. Haynes Manuals can be found on its site or in local auto-parts stores. HP Books manuals are sold on PowerTrain.com. These manuals cost around $25.
7. Check the air in your tires. This could be the problem if your car pulls to one side. If any tire measures low on air, fill it to the proper level. If any tire is overinflated, decrease the air. If the car still pulls to one side, check for play in the steering wheel by placing the car in neutral, with your foot on the brake. Try to move the steering wheel in either direction. If the wheel moves freely without resistance, this could cause the car to pull. If this isn't the problem, you could need an alignment. If this step doesn't apply, see the following steps.5. Determine your car's year, make and model. This is important because various models had changes made throughout the years of manufacture. Also important is that Plymouth and Dodge had different modifications in certain models up until 2001.