Brake pads wear and quickly than brake rotors.
Pull the caliper up and off the mounting bracket and over the rotor. Slide the senile brake pads elsewhere of the caliper. Suspend the caliper above the shove hub meeting with a group of wire to avoid stressing the rubber brake contour.4.
1. Loosen the lug nuts,, with a tire iron. Stand the vehicle with an car jack, and field it on jack stands. Remove the lug nuts, and remove the shove.
2. Allot the caliper mounting bolts, on the inside of the caliper. Apartment an open-end wrench on the locking devotee and a socket wrench on the retaining bolt. Turn the retaining bolt, counterclockwise, to remove it. There are two retaining bolts to be removed in this hang-up: one at the top of the caliper and one at the backside.
3.When you application the brakes in your Cadillac CTS, the brake pads are forced against the brake rotors, by hydraulic compel. Everyone epoch you handle the brakes, some of the brake pad data wears gone, against the harder, metal rotor. Provided the brakes in your CTS are genesis to quality spongy, hesitant or uneven, it's age to transform the pads. Whether your rotors are as well worn, you keep the alternative of buying contemporary or having the decrepit ones machined at an Car repair shop.
Compress the caliper pistons into the caliper with a brake caliper effects. Turn the mechanism, until the pistons are fully retracted.
5. Test the rotors for wear. Whether they must to be replaced, untie the three bolts on the rotor surface with an Allen wrench. Pull the rotor off the hub. Clean the new rotor with brake parts cleaner, and slide it onto the hub. Replace the Allen bolts, and tighten them, evenly.
6. Clean the caliper with brake parts cleaner, and apply lithium grease to the brake pad sliders. Insert the new brake pads, and slide the caliper over the rotor and back onto the caliper mounting bracket.
7. Replace, and tighten, the locking nuts and mounting bolts and with an open-end wrench and socket wrench.
8. Replace the wheel, and hand tighten the lug nuts. Lower the car, and tighten the lug nuts with a tire iron. Pump the brakes with the engine off to restore pressure to the brake lines before driving.