The fuel filter is what removes any contaminants that may hold gotten trapped in the fuel vat. Locate the Schrader valve on the fuel rail and release the fuel pressure with the tip of the screwdriver. Alternatively, you can locate the fuse inside the car under the dash for the fuel filter. Pull it, and turn the ignition key to the "on" position.
1. Manage the hood and allot the fuel filter. It should be located on the right rear frame rail.
2. Place the catch pan under the fuel filter.
3. Locate the fuel rail and the fuel injection system. Before fuel is sprayed into the combustion Hospital ward, it passes down the filter. Over allotment, the fuel filter becomes clogged (a choice belongings) and the filter must be replaced. Whether you engage in not change your fuel filter at your manufacturer's suggested intervals, you might background decreased performance and fuel efficiency. Attempt to start the vehicle and let it idle until it stalls out. This will relive pressure from the system.
4. Remove the retaining clips from the hoses holding the fuel filter in place with the pliers.
5. Slide the fuel filter out of the mounting bracket and detach the connecting hoses. Fuel will leak from the hoses. This is normal. Make sure the fuel is being caught by the catch pan.
6. Insert the new fuel filter and and attach the hoses. Replace the retaining clips.
7. Put the fuel filter fuse back in if you took it out and start the car. Check to make sure the idle speed normalizes and that the fuel system pressurizes.