On the other hand, fuses, wires and electric motors may fail very. The following steps demand a elfin acquaintance of electrical course method, on the other hand provided you desire to memorize basic troubleshooting procedures, these steps should attempt for most vehivle models. Whether you longing particular ammo approximately your specific vehicle, consult your vehicle servicing album.
CoterminousUnmarried ChapterWindow switches are a daily source of power window problems.Most automotive ability window failures are due to a failed window switch.
1. Lawns your van in a sheltered domicile. Provided your function windows isolated handle with the ignition switch on, brew confident to freedom it on. Too, provided the Chauffeur's window panel has a lock force switch, create firm it is in the "On" position To admit the employ of express window switches.
2. Probation the leading effectiveness window fuse or breaker provided none of the windows in the vehicle works. In most models, the fuse box is located under the dashboard, on the Chauffeur's side. If the fuse is blown, replace it and check to see if the windows will operate.
3. Check the wires between the master control switch and the fuse box using a test light. On most vehicles, you can pull the control switch off the panel using a screwdriver. Clip the end of the test light wire to a good ground. Turn on the ignition switch and with the tip of the test light, touch the wires connected to the control switch. If the test light does not come on, voltage is not reaching the switch. Most likely, your problem is at the wire coming from the fuse box, the wire feeding power to the power window switch or wire connections.
4. Check the switch at the inoperative window if only that window is not working. In most vehicle models, you can pull the switch using a screwdriver. Clip the end of the test light to a ground and touch both ends of the switch electrical connectors as you operate the switch. If the test light does not come on, check for an opening at the wire coming from the main control switch. If the test light only comes on at one side of the switch, the switch is defective and should be replaced. If the light comes on at both sides of the switch, go on to the next step.
5. Remove the door panel so you can reach the power window motor. At the window motor electrical connector, touch the wire coming from the switch with the test light as you operate the switch. If the light does not come on, there is a short at the wire. If the light comes on, make sure the wire connection is good and there is not a mechanical obstruction preventing the window from operating.
6. Unplug the electrical connector from the power window motor. Place a car battery next to the window you are testing and connect two jumper wires between the battery and the motor electrical connector. If the motor still does not operate, replace the motor. If the motor works, there is a failed connection at the switch side of the electrical connector.