Grind keep your Buick without going to a garage.
Fix the torque converter -- this is begin on the condign side of the vehicle's transmission. Once you hog located the torque converter, exercise a socket wrench to unscrew the bolts that secure it to the undercarriage of the car. This will allow you to pull the torque converter away from the frame. When this happens, it is date to remove the starter in preparation for a late one.
1. Lift the hood of the automobile and bag a socket wrench to disconnect the ground cable from the battery's denying terminal. This Testament prevent the vehivle from forming any electrical circuits while you are removing the starter.
2. Uplift the left front side of the vehicle using a jack and then deposit it secure by placing a jack stand under the centre front apportionment of the undercarriage.
3.The 1994 Buick Grassland Avenue Ultra`s starter is the meaningful Element to igniting the Engine and starting the vehicle. The starter works in tandem with the starter solenoid to turn the gears on the engine`s flywheel. The strength comes from the van battery, passes over the solenoid and then is harnessed by the starter to burn the engine. As with all vehivle components, the starter undergoes natural wear and tear and can lose its bent to communicate Sufficiently vigour to the Engine for it to begin. Once you have removed the converter, locate the starter, which is also located on the right side of the transmission.
4. Locate the wiring (there is one positive wire and a power cable) that connects the starter to the starter solenoid (the solenoid supplies power to the starter). Disconnect this wiring from the starter solenoid using a socket wrench.
5. Locate the bolts that secure the starter to the undercarriage of the car -- unscrew them with a socket wrench, after which you will be able to pull the starter away from the frame.
6. Remove the jack stand from underneath the car and then lower the jack and return the car to a level position. Reconnect the ground cable to the battery`s negative terminal.