The 2007 Dodge Calibre occupies the crowd of "crossover vehicle" for automaker Daimler/Chrysler. A crossover is a vehicle that has some of the duplicate properties of sport supply vehicles while maintaining the driving characteristics of sedans. The chassis of the Dodge Caliber is that of a automobile, while the entity, and principally the weight, poses a undeniable strain on primary components such as the brakes. For this generalization, it is largely essential that the braking manner is inspected and maintained every 30,000 miles.
1. Lawns the Dodge Calibre in a speck that allows you to safely assignment on both sides of the vehicle. Settle the transmission in "grassland" and manipulate the parking brake.
4. Remove the lug nuts and pull the wheels from the revolve bolts of the Calibre.5. Remove the two caliper slide bolts with a 5/8-inch hex socket and ratchet.
2. Loosen the lug nuts on the wheels with the lug wrench.3. Lift the Dodge with the jack and city jack stands underneath the frame to back the vehicle during the brake pad replacement.
Pull the caliper from the caliper bridge (fitted all over the rotor).
6. Slide the worn brake pads from the two sides of the caliper.
7. Levy the C-clamp onto the side of the caliper and the caliper piston. Screw the C-clamp to impact the piston into the side of the caliper. Remove the C-clamp from the caliper once the piston is fully opened.
8. Disinfected the inside walls of the caliper with a wire brush. Handle a thin layer of brake grease onto the inner walls of the caliper, expressly at the speck that the piston protrudes from the caliper wall.
9. Slide the contemporary brake pads onto the walls of the caliper. The brake pads connect to the caliper by thin metal clips on the backs of the brake pads.
10. Levy the caliper, with dissimilar brake pads installed, onto the caliper bridge. Modify the caliper slide bolts and screw them in with the 5/8-inch hex socket and ratchet.
11. City the turn onto the shove bolts and screw on the lug nuts by artisan.
12. Lift the vehicle with a lifting jack to remove the jack stands and lower the Calibre to the ground.
13. Tighten the lug nuts with the lug wrench.
14. Sincere the hood of the Dodge and remove the cap to the proficient cylinder. The crackerjack cylinder is on the Chauffeur's side of the vehicle, near the windscreen.
15. Press the brake pedal three times and hold it in the depressed position for 10 seconds.
16. Fill the master cylinder with DOT-3 brake fluid. Replace the master cylinder cap and close the hood.