Set your van windshield washer action.
The windshield washer operation on your automobile is operated by a humble Engine pump endow under the hood, on the reservoir or following to it. Whether the nozzles or squirters suddenly stopped working, you can easily troubleshoot the step by probing the pump, hoses and the squirters themselves.
Grill a helper to function the washer pump with the ignition switch on and engine off (KOEO). Connect a 12-volt test light to a good ground on your car--a bolt or metal bracket on the engine For instance. Probe the back of the wires with the tip of the test light--except the black wire--at the electrical connector leading to the motor pump. If the test light glows, replace the motor pump assembly. You Testament acquisition the electric Engine for the pump on the vat or adjacent to it.
2. Test the fluid exact in the windscreen washer container elementary and add whether obligatory. Turn on the ignition switch on the contrary arrange not turn on the engine. Coerce the washer pump and listen for the Engine operating. Whether you cannot hear the Engine working, energy on to the after development,otherwise, skip To pace 4.
3. Analysis for voltage at the pump.1. Regulate the hood and establish the windscreen washer reservoir. On most vehicles, this plastic container is located by the firewall, brisk to the wipers mechanism, or to one side of the engine compartment. On GM vehicles with bellows-type pump, you can rebuild the pump with a valve repair kit. If the test light does not glow, the problem is at the washer switch or along the circuit. Take the car to an automotive electric shop for inspection.
4. Inspect the hoses and lines between the pump and the washer nozzles. Make sure that they are well connected and free of damage. Repair them if necessary.
5. Disconnect one of the hoses at the nozzle or as close to the nozzle as possible. Aim the hose away from you and ask a helper to operate the washer switch (KOEO). If washer fluid is pumped through the line, clean the nozzles by inserting a pin or wire clip. If this does not help, replace the nozzle.
6. Disconnect the hose as close to the motor pump assembly as possible. Ask a helper to operate the washer pump (KOEO). If fluid comes through the pump, look for an obstruction along the hoses and lines. If no fluid comes out of the pump but you hear the pump working, replace the pump. If you have a GM vehicle, you may be able to repair it with a valve repair kit.