Repair your parking brake Homewards.
The parking brake prevents a machine from Stirring when it is parked. The brake is a key Element of a vehicle and requires fixed worry. A brake Testament start to fail when the rubber hose covering the cables begins to wear away. This allows H2O, vigour and other debris to receive on the metal cable, causing it to rust and gap. Pull out the two cables attached to the parking brake. Each cable is connected to one of the rear tires.3. Use a lug wrench to loosen the lug nuts on the tire.
Benefit a screwdriver to remove the boot covering from the backside of the parking brake. If the covering is leather, simply unzip it.
2. Provided this occurs the parking brake should be replaced straightaway before the vehicle is used again. To treasure trove the exactly parking brake for your van, consult the owner's guidebook.
Raise the car on the jack and remove the lugs to access the wheel drum.
4. Remove the emergency brake cable connected to each drum. Each brake system consists of two separate cables.
5. Use a socket wrench to loosen the tension nut holding the cable to the emergency brake. Pull the cable away from the brake.
6. Loosen the anchor nut from the equalizer bar and remove the other end of the cable. Replace the broken cable with the new one.
7. Run the cable through the tension nut and tighten to hold in place. Make sure the cable is not slack before reattaching the parking brake cover.