It can be challenging to employ a spray gun, on the other hand once you enjoy mastered it you Testament affection the efficient results a spray gun gives you. The most substantial action in any spraying project is setting up the gun, and, with familiarity, this becomes moment bag. Glance at on to memorize the basic steps for setting up and using a spray gun.
1. Place up the Correct air and fluid flow on your spray gun. Unfastened your air handle all the habit and adjust the gun to spray horizontally. Cleared your fluid knob until you can depress the trigger approximately 1/4 inch with Everyone trigger pull. Spray a short burst onto a vertical collection of cardboard to actualize an oval shape with runs of Stop across the backside. Continue spraying in short bursts, adjusting the air stud between bursts until the runs are Identical across the diameter of the oval shape.
2. Adjust your fluid knob in or out depending on your test results.3. Adjust the fan pattern of the spray gun to shoot wide if the piece you are spraying is wide or to shoot narrow for smaller pieces like chair rungs. Confirmation your spray gun's setup on knowledge pieces before you spray your actual quota. End for a thin coat of Stop, Sufficiently to wet the plentiful surface within the spray nature however not so even that it doesn't dry within a minute. Provided you are depositing extremely all the more spray on the abundance, it will have the texture of an orange peel when dry. If you are not depositing enough spray, not all parts of the piece will be coated.
4. Hold the gun about 8 inches away from the surface of the piece. Begin spraying about 2 inches off to the side of your piece, then move the gun in a controlled side-to-side motion across the width of the piece. Continue spraying for about 2 inches off the other side of the piece, then release the trigger behind of each stroke. Begin your next stroke so that it overlaps the previous one by half. Keep the spray perpendicular to the surface at all times.
5. Spray connecting areas carefully so you don't leave drips or finish buildup on parts that have already been sprayed. Flick your wrist when you have to start or end a stroke on the piece rather than to the side, in order to create a feather of spray and not a clear line of demarcation.
6. Spray less noticeable areas like chair bottoms first. Start the piece upside down, then flip it over when the finish is dry to the touch.
7. Let the first coat dry completely before you apply subsequent coats. For best results, rub out the surface with steel wool or sandpaper in between coats.