The fundamental affair you can act to alternate the catalytic converter in your Toyota Tercel is forget approximately the cheaper common fit catalytic converter at the Car parts stores. Although this may seemingly save you chicamin for the branch, you're going To possess to shop for adapters or figure gone build that usual fit converter fit according to a administer fit converter. A would indicate towards the front of the motor, and B would indicate towards the back of the Tercel.9. Attach the converter flanges to the pipe flanges and place the bolts into the flanges (in any direction) in this fashion: bolt head with a flat washer through the flanges, then a lock washer and nut.
1. Lift the Toyota Tercel on a machine lift all the groove up.
2. Deposit on the cutting glasses, and flash the acetylene torch using a striker. Decrease the bolts and nuts from the catalytic converter from the flange(s) on the converter side. This way you will not incur damage to the flanges bolted to the converter flanges. Cut the bolt heads (with the torch) or the nuts flush to the converter flange.
3. Turn the torch off, switch over to safety glasses, and knock out the bolts from the converter side of the flanges using the hammer and a long stemmed punch. If they do not punch through, you may need to relight the torch and cut into the bolt hole a little deeper.
4. Remove the old converter.
5. Pick the old gaskets off of the pipe flanges on both side using a pick or awl.
6. Clean the surface of the flat part of the pipe flanges on both sides using an angled die grinder with a sanding disk.
7. Place the new gaskets onto the small pipe outlet protruding from the pipe flanges.
8. Check the exhaust flow of the new catalytic converter. It will be stamped on the shell or shields of the converter and be easy to see. There will be an arrow pointing in the direction of the exhaust flow or an A and B marking. A administer fit converter for a Tercel Testament hold a two-point flange on either side and Testament accomplish honest as its nickname describes: fit directly. In the lingering break it Testament save you era, way, and Testament effort worthier for your Tercel owing to it was specifically designed for it.
10. Tighten the bolts and nuts holding one end with a wrench and tightening with an air ratchet. Tighten each bolt a little bit, switch to the next one, and continue this pattern until all four nuts and bolts have seated the flanges tight together.
11. Remove tools and lower the Tercel on the lift. Start it up, raise it up again, and check for any possible leaks coming from the flange connections. If so, tighten the bolts some more.