Correct setup ensures a plasma cutter cuts cleanly fini metal without causing damage to the Accoutrement. An improperly establish up plasma cutter Testament basis the consumable components held in the neb of the plasma cutter to melt. This increases the valuation of running the plasma cutter and reduces the description of the incision completed a quantity of metal. A lower sort shorten requires also age to remove Slag and gouges.
1. Connect the air string -- running from an air compressor -- to the air regulator located on the back of the plasma cutter. Turn on the air compressor. Continue adjusting the plasma cutter and inspecting the cut until little or no dross remains on the edges of the plasma cut.
District a fire extinguisher near your work area.
3. Secure the plasma cutter's grounding lead to the scrap metal or to a metal work surface. Turn on the plasma cutter. Turn the heat setting to its highest setting.
4. Squeeze the plasma gun trigger. Pull the plasma gun across the surface of the metal. Slow down your pull speed if sparks blow toward you. Allow the metal to cool.
5. Flip over the metal and inspect the cut. Turn down the heat setting of the plasma cutter if you notice excessive dross -- cooled melted metal -- hanging from the cut.
6. Perform another test cut across the scrap metal. Inspect the cut for dross. Remit the compressor To erect power.2. Locate a abundance of scrap metal on a non-combustible job surface.