In grouping to properly install a remote starter in a automobile, you obligation to carefully go next the installation directions to prevent damage to the vehicle's personal computer development. Mechanical skills are besides compelling to remove interior panels of the vehicle, amble wires and cause wiring connections.
1. Start the vehicle and check all lights and switches to ensure that all systems are in working order.
Depending on the vehicle and the wiring, connections may consist of more than two wires. Use relays when connecting more than two wires.7. Reconnect the battery and test the remote starter.
3. Gather the tools necessary for the installation. Necessary items include: soldering iron, solder, wire cutters, wire strippers, electrical tape, digital multi-meter, wrench set, screwdriver set, shrink wrap and a heat gun.
4. Remove the panel under the steering wheel and locate the wires to connect the remote starter. Standard connections are power, starter, ignition and accessories such as power locks, temperature controls, radio and alarm system.
5. Disconnect the vehicle battery. Use caution while doing this.
6. Connect the remote starter wires to the proper vehicle wires.2. Open the remote starter kit and read all instructions. Make sure you understand the instructions before you begin.