Getting gone of a traffic ticket in Phoenix, Arizona, is no clear complication
6. Verify that it is you in the picture. If the one who receives the ticket is not the person in the photo-radar or red light photograph, he may contest the ticket on those grounds.
Don't get cited in the first place. The most logical step to ensure that you will not get a traffic ticket in the Phoenix area is to obey traffic laws and avoid the circumstances for getting the ticket.
2. Take defensive driving when offered. Many times, traffic offenders are eligible to take defensive driving courses offered by the state. Taking the course allows you to have the traffic offense and any subsequently added points removed from your driving record. Unfortunately for repeat traffic offenders, the defensive driving course can only be taken once every two years.
3. Go to court and plead your case. Often times, traffic offenders who appear in court are able to obtain a reduction of the fine relating to the violation. When you seek redress in court, the officer involved with issuing you a citation has to appear. Occasionally, the officer will fail to appear in court, which is a good reason to contest the ticket in court.
4. Write a letter to the citing officer. Often times communicating with the officer and pleading your case is an effective way to get the citing officer to drop the ticket against you. Being polite and forthright can go a long way when dealing with a traffic ticket.
5. Contest photo-radar or red light camera tickets. Due to the fact that the cameras photograph the license plate numbers, the ticket will be sent to the owner of the vehicle. If the owner of the vehicle is not the one who committed the offense, the owner can contest in writing to have the ticket removed.
With photo-radar cameras installed on many leading freeways and traffic cameras installed on nearly every on assignment intersection, there are added than a uncommon ways to earn a driving quotation in Phoenix, Arizona. While there is no decided groove to receive outside of a traffic ticket, there are a amount of steps you can hire to avoid or section the object of a traffic ticket.