As fiberglass components generation, stress cracks and panel distortion can aftermath. Replacement fiberglass panels are eagerly available nevertheless can be bona fide expensive to get. The expense of replacing damaged fiberglass panels can be significantly reduced by instead repairing the panels with Bondo. Fiberglass Bondo is waterproof, immoderately bulk and can be used for practically any fiberglass panel. As an initial incident, it must be recognized that there is Bondo for metal and Bondo for fiberglass. Establish that the Bondo for fiberglass is used. Come next the steps below to utilize Bondo for fiberglass.
Merge the hardener by thoroughly kneading the tube.5. Pour or scoop filler info onto the mixing surface chosen in Operation 1.6.
Obtain a Disinfected quantity of plastic or glass or some other smooth counsel to homogenize the Bondo.
3. Homogenize the filler to assure that the chemicals of the filler are evenly distributed.
4.1. Set the filler and the hardener from the Bondo utensils. The filler is the news in the can, while the hardener is the counsel in the diminutive tube.2.
Squeeze a unmarried borderline of hardener from the tube across the filler located on the mixing surface.
7. Mingle the filler and hardener together until the mixture reaches a uniform color.
8. Use the plastic spreader included with the Bondo kit to spread the mixed filler over the area to be repaired by using a firm wiping motion. The mixed filler should not be applied more than ¼ inch thick. Only wipe the filler on the surface in one direction, or bubbles will form into holes when the filler dries.
9. Allow 5 to 10 minutes for the filler to cure.
10. Once the filler has dried, it can then be sanded to the desired shape and painted if so desired.