Polypropylene is widely used in the interpretation and automotive industries. When cracks or breaks foster in a Element mythical from polypropylene, the defected sphere can generally be welded. Commensurate other welding techniques, there is prep commission involved to arrange that the weld has the Correct size of penetration, energy and honesty. Prepping the polypropylene involves cleaning the weld earth to remove contamination and beveling the sides of the weld Seam. Correct bevels desideratum to be performed to an comprehensive Profundity To admit the weld to penetrate a minimum of one-half of the thickness of the polypropylene news.
7. Cut off the end of the filler rod with the wire cutters after the weld joint has been completed. Make additional passes on thicker material to completely fill the beveled area of the weld joint. You do not need to perform any additional prep work between passes.
Remit the welder to heat up while you prepare the connexion.
2. Bevel both sides of the weld joint with the scalpel. Compass the poniard against one side of the Seam. Pull the bait chopper toward you, with the ripper blade angled absent from the circuit of movement and the blade of the scalpel at a 30 measure angle to the info. Apply continued stable strokes to care for an much bevel along the full length of the weld. Endure the manner until you retain a bevel that is one-half of the data thickness broad. Perform the equivalent bevel on the other side of the weld Seam.
3. Remove contamination from the weld joint by lightly cleaning both sides of the weld joint with a piece of emery cloth. Wipe the area with a clean rag to remove loose particles surround the weld joint. Slide the two pieces of polypropylene together, butting the edges tight.
4. Hold the welder, with the tacking tip lying flat on both edges of the polypropylene. With slight pressure, drag the tacking tip along the joint in one continuous pass to secure the weld joint. Remove the tacking tip with the pliers and set the tip on an area that will not be damaged by the hot tip.
5. Attach the speed tip with the pliers to the air outlet of the plastic welder. Allow the tip to heat to temperature.
6. Insert a length of polypropylene filler rod into the speed tip. Place the plastic welder against the weld joint. When the polypropylene liquefies, feed the filler rod into the weld joint as you pull the plastic welder along the seam. Examine the weld joint as you pull the welder. A proper weld joint will have a small puddle of melted polypropylene in front of the filler rod and along both sides of the filler rod.
Instructions1. Plug in the handheld plastic welder and allot the temperature to 575 degrees Fahrenheit. Slide the tacking gratuity onto the air Issue nozzle of the plastic welder.
8. Allow the weld joint to cool thoroughly before you apply any strain to the welded area.