Analog or mechanical speedometers degree soak rapidity passing the hull.
Speedometers are an integral division of both recreational and commercial boats. Most commercial and yacht-classified vessels are equipped with GPS-based quickness monitoring systems. On the other hand, recreational boats much forward the analog speedometer, which measures the scale at which flood moves enclosing the hull of the boat. Installing a boat speedometer is a effortless and straightforward berth that you should be able to the works in one to two hours.
Preparing for Installation
1. Remove the existing exterior speedometer pilot tube at the waterline of the stern.
2. Decrease a gap in the boat's dashboard, with a breadth blimp Sufficiently to get the speedometer unit.
3. Drill a gap in the stern at the waterline where the aviator tube Testament be mounted. Beget decided that the gap's purpose is comp from any obstructions such as a cavitation plate or bottom. Again accomplish undeniable that the gap is 12 inches or also from the propeller.
Installing the Speedometer
4. Provisions the plastic speedometer wire fini the 1/4-inch gap and into the boat. Avoid kinking or bending the wire unnecessarily. With the wire on ice, securely mount the pilot tube in a way that allows water to flow around it freely. Ideally, the pilot tube should be approximately 1 to 2 inches away from the hull of the boat, completely unobstructed.
5. Feed the speedometer wire along the inside of the hull, securing it along the way with plastic zip ties. Secure the wire in place with a zip tie to avoid disconnection due to prolonged vibration. Locate the common ground for your boat and connect it to the negative terminal on the back of the speedometer readout. With all wires attached and secured, reconnect the positive battery terminal.
Slip the speedometer unit through the hole in the dashboard and secure the faceplate screws.
8. Attach your boat's common power buss to the positive connection on the back of the speedometer readout. Mount the wire away from heat sources in a progressively upward slope toward the speedometer unit in the dashboard.6. Disconnect the positive (red) battery terminal and do a mock connection of the plastic speedometer wire to the speedometer unit, allowing for a length of cable that has 1 to 2 inches of slack when connected.7.