Changing the oil on your E36 BMW 3 series by yourself Testament save you a plenty of coinage, exceptionally because the oil should be changed every 3 months or 3000 miles.2. Gem a abode to employ the power of the jack in succession to lift the van.Some BMW models keep a jack pad carry on one of the front tires. Whether not, acquisition a solid universe to assign the jack.
Operate the machine until it reaches orderly running temperature. This Testament arrange the oil flow elsewhere worthier. Grassland the machine on a Apartment lodgings surface. Levy on safety gloves and direct the hood of the automobile.
It Testament extremely bequeath you confidence in yourself, through you include these days learned establish something on your machine.
Jack the vehivle up big enough to be able to slide the jack stands underneath. Put the jack stand on a solid part of the chassis and release the jack slowly so the car will rest on the jack stand.
3. Locate the oil plug under the car on the bottom side of the engine. Put the oil pan underneath the oil plug and unscrew the plug and washer with a 17 mm socket wrench. Let the oil drain out for 20 minutes to make sure all of it drains.
4. Clean the oil plug and put the new washer on it. The new washer will come in the box with the new oil filter. Replace the plug by hand, but do not overtighten. Take the oil pan out from under the car and remove the jack stands.
5. Detach the cover of the oil filter housing. The filter will be located under the hood, unlike other types of cars that have them underneath the car. Use a 13 mm socket wrench to remove the oil filter housing cover.
6. Remove the filter and replace it with the new filter. Apply clean oil to the o-ring before replacing that, extremely. This will help the filter attach better.
7. Use the funnel to put new oil through the filler cap located at the top of the engine. Check the owners manual to determine how much oil should be used. Replace the oil cap and start the car. Check the underside of the car in a few minutes to make sure no oil leaks out. Dispose of the used oil at an auto parts store or an auto garage.