Dame swimming in a pool
A leaking swimming pool backside is most viable going to happen with a vinyl-lined pool. It would return something boss dramatic to basis a concrete pool to crack and leak at the backside, whereas a vinyl pool liner over age Testament dry gone, change into brittle and be expanded susceptible to cracks. Unlike concrete pools, finding a leak in a vinyl-lined pool can be a ball-buster effort.
Finding Out if You Have a Leak
1. Adding irrigate constantly to your pool is a exceptional indicator that you hog a leak. A deluxe statute of thumb is, whether you obligation to add 2 inches or amassed a week, you probably compass a leak.
2. Decide provided your leak is from an field other than your pool backside. Provided it leaks peerless when the operation is running, that practicable indicates a plumbing leak. But provided the pool leaks all the duration, it's also potential to be a leak in the liner.
3. March sorrounding your pool and inspect for wet, mushy areas on the ground or areas where the grass is greener than surrounding areas. Either of these can be indicators of a leak.
4. Test inside your pool for any obvious cracks or sinkholes that might obtain been formed by saturate leaking elsewhere the backside. Earnings different affliction to corners and the areas encompassing steps where the liner may have been stretched tighter and be more likely to leak.
5. Look near the water line. If you live in a cold weather area, ice breaking up in the spring could cause a cut in the liner. An animal falling into the pool then clawing at the walls could also cause a cut in the liner.
6. Putting on a mask and snorkel may be necessary to find a leak right near the bottom. There may be small air bubbles coming from the leak. Or, since any water leaking will draw dirt in the water towards the hole, you should be able to see the leak.
10. Smooth out any air bubbles and leave the patching cement to establish.11. Alternatively, a nitrile rubber-based sealant is available from some pool supply stores.
Buy a patching kit at your pool store. This kit will contain a piece of colored vinyl liner and plastic cement that will work underwater or above water.
9. Cut a patch to cover the hole, rough up the back of the patch with sandpaper, spread cement on the patch and place it over the hole (even if it is underwater).
Fixing the Leak7. Patching a cut or split up to a couple of inches long or a small hole in a vinyl liner is relatively easy, once you've actually found them.8.
With this product, you simply spread the sealant over small vinyl leaks without even using a patch. Even underwater it will set up and seal small slices in the liner. As an added bonus, it's often available in a blue color to match the liner itself.