Restoring any classic motorcar is a enormous decision--restoring a Woody is no exception. You can easily log hundreds of hours and maybe thousands of dollars into this hobby. Choose wisely when you buy the Woody you are hoping to restore and commemorate to delight in yourself. Scan on to memorize bounteous.
1. Jewel a restorable Woody whether you don't already get one. What Testament assemble the Woody restorable depends principally on your skills, the immensity of cabbage you require to invest and the dimensions of bit you are eager to situate into restoring the Woody.
2. Cause searching for dealers, suppliers, networks and auctions after giving the Woody a sweeping once over and deciding on a restoration diversion method. Finding parts won't be as bothersome as it once was, seeing parts dealers, servicing guides and online auctions are widely available on the Internet.
3. Catalogue everything. Every parcel you remove from the Woody needs be tagged and stored in a safe place. It is quite conceivable that you will need as much room for storage as you will for the car. Understand that restoring a Woody should be done for enjoyment and not profit. Odds are against you making any type of solid profit, and chances are you will spend far more in restoration than will be returned through sale.
These folks will know just what's ahead of you and can save you time and energy with tips and advice. Always listen. You might learn something you never would have thought of on your own.
5. Consider investing in a Hollandar Interchange Manual for details on interchangeable parts. Inevitably there are going to be parts you just are not going to be able to locate or afford. Most salvage yards will have these manuals and if you can get in good with a native yard, you might be able to receive quick tips on what works with what.
6. Decide if updating tires, wiring and/or motor and transmissions is something you are interested in doing. Most interiors and bodies are kept as close to the originals as possible. Find old pictures of your make and model to try to receive an authentic look.
7. Consider a two car garage a good rough estimate.4. Network with other Woody owners and restorers.